If you are hosting a party where several of the guests don’t know each other than having a game or two may be the perfect idea to break the ice.
Some of these games usually require a few of the “performers” of the group to get things moving. After the party has loosened up a bit you can recruit the introverts to play too.
For even more ideas you can see 13 Fun Camping Games for Adults
This game requires your average everyday ordinary household items. Put these in a bag or a box so no one can see.
Everyone pairs up. The first pair is given an item – and two minutes to improvise as many uses as they can out of it. Continue through the group until each pair has taken a turn.
If you’re keeping score you can give a point each time a new use is discovered.
SEXY ADULT VERSION: Instead of ordinary household items use a variety of different sex toys. I recommend buying them new!
Here’s a funny video from the show Who’s Line is it Anyway? That demonstrates how the game is played.
- cake tins
- toilet roll
- pillow cases
All the guests write a marital problem on a slip of paper to be out into a hat or bowl. The problem can range from a real common problem to outrageous and hilarious
One player is sent out of the room while the host draws 2
relationship problems from the hat and gives it to 2 other players
Players need to get the therapist to figure out what the relationship problems are without calling them by name.
Funny Relationship Problem Ideas
- Sends one word texts
- Wears too much cologne/perfume
- Blames everything on “that time of the month”
- avoids eye contact
- Not laughing at jokes
- Remembers every fight
- Too much stuff in the bathroom
- Talks during Movies
- Criticizes your driving
The guests each write a random and funny characteristic on a slip of paper and put it into a hat or bowl.
One player leaves the room, and 3 other players each pick a piece of paper from the hat.
Examples of characteristics might be “ a celebrity who loves the paparazzi” or “A Tiger who is afraid of feet” or “A salesman who is attracted to people who use the word no” .
The 4th player returns and gets to ask questions of each contestant as if they were on a dating game. And tries to guess each characteristic
- excitable dog
- charismatic politician running for governor
- the greatest lover in France
- going through all the stages of getting drunk
- someone in a dentist’s chair
- loudmouthed sports fan in the bleachers
- gets an electric shock every time he has an impure thought
- teenage girl having a tantrum
- turning into the Incredible Hulk
SEXY ADULT VERSION: Instead of characteristics use unique fetishes
Unique Fetish Ideas
- Exhibitionism -Arousal to displaying one’s sexual organs in public
- Katoptronophilia -Arousal to sex in front of mirrors
- Nasolingus -Arousal to sucking on a person’s nose
- Podophilia -Arousal to feet
- Psychrophilia -Arousal to being cold and watching others who are cold
- Pteronphilia -Arousal to being tickled by feathers
- Xylophilia -Arousal to wood
Here’s another video from Who’s line is it Anyway to demonstrate
What you’ll need:
One lei or Mardi Gras bead necklace for each guest
At the start of the party, everyone gets a lei or bead
Each guest spends the rest of the predetermined time period trying to win more leis or
necklaces by getting other party guests to say the word “no”.
Lying is not allowed as the question askers make an attempt to ask “get to know you” questions such as “Did you go to Riverside High school?” or “Do you own any pets?”
Each time 2 guests interact they must both ask a question.
Every time a player says the word “No” they must give up a necklace to the person who asked the question.
Players who have lost their necklaces can continue to play and try to earn one
off another player. At the end of a set time period, the player with the most
necklaces is the winner.
This is a twist on the classic game show The Newlywed Game.
If you remember the show, you’ll remember how funny it was to watch people try to guess about each other. Of course, this version, they are not newlyweds but strangers.
NOTE: IT’s a good idea to give your guests a warning that they will be playing this game so they will make it a point to learn about the other guests.
After a period of time mingling and getting to know each other players are randomly paired into groups of 2 by drawing names from a hat and then assigned as Player 1 and Player 2.
The host asks a question and all the pairs write down their individual answers.
The question is aimed at one player and they both answer and if their answers match they get a point.
“How many pets does player 1 own?”
Both players write down their individual answer. If they match they get a point.
The pair with the most right answers at the end of the game wins.
The game can go on for as long as you’re having fun here’s a list of questions to keep it going for a while
These questions are asked about an individual player and their partner gives their best answer
- How old was Player 1/2 when they got her first kiss?
- What was the last vacation Player 1/2 took?
- How long has Player1/2 been married?
- What is Player 1/2 ‘s favorite restaurant?
- What is Player 1/2 ‘s greatest strength?
- If Player 1/2 gets a text from a friend in the middle of the night who would is it most likely to be?
- What did Player 1/2 eat for breakfast?
- What does Player 1/2 do for work?
- How long has Player 1/2 lived in this state?
- Where was Player 1/2 born?
- What was the last movie Player 1/2 saw in the theater?
- Player 1/2 ‘s biggest pet peeve is ?
- As a kid, what did Player 1/2 want to be as an adult?
- What secret talent does Player 1/2 have?
- Other than wedding days or birth of children what day would Player 1/2 like to experience again?
- What historical figure would Player 1/2 most like to meet?
- If Player 1/2 had to pick a different career , what would it be?
- Player 1/2 really admires _____ in a person?
- What upcoming event is Player 1/2 most looking forward to right now?
- Player 1/2 decides to stay home next weekend and binge watch a TV show, what show is it?
- If Player 1/2 could elope with a Celebrity, who would it be?
- What was the last book Player 1/2 read?
- Player 1/2 is cooking their favorite meal, what is it?
TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE
Each person writes two truths and a lie about themselves on a piece of paper.
Each player reads their list and the rest of the group attempts to guess which one is the lie.
Three Things I can’t live without
I originally posted this game on the article 13 Fun Camping Games for Adults.
Everyone secretly writes down 3 things they cannot live without, putting each item on its own slip of paper. This, of course, is up to interpretation. There are the literal answers like Air, Food, Water. But also consider things that bring meaning and joy to your life. Perhaps one person can’t imagine a life without coffee.
After every person writes down their answers they all get placed in the bag and are mixed up. Everyone takes turns picking out one answer reading it. Players take turns guessing who wrote that item.
Dedicate one player to keep score of who guesses correctly. The winner is the player with the most correct guesses.
WHO’S MY MATCH?
This is a great ice-breaker game that takes the pressure off the guests by not asking them any personal questions.
Write the name of famous pairs on post-it notes or index cards. 1 card per celebrity. Then as the guests arrive attach their half of the famous pair to their back without telling them who it is.
Guests must ask other guests yes or no questions to find out who they are and then find their match among the other party guests.
Only yes or no questions and answers are allowed and only one question per interaction. In other words, after one question is asked and then answered the guests must move on to a different person.
- Tom and Jerry
- Laurel and Hardy
- Abbott and Costello
- Jay-Z and Beyonce
- Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner
- Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban
- Monica and Chandler (from Friends)
- Ross and Rachel (from Friends)
- Ted and Robin (From How I Met Your Mother)
- Pinky and The Brain
- Lucy and Ethel
- Dean MArtin and Jerry Lewis
- Chris Farley and David Spade
- Batman and Robin
- Clark Kent and Lois Lane
- Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson
- Jake and Elwood Blues
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
- Laverne and Shirley
- Mork and Mindy
- Tony Stark and Pepper Potts
- Jay and Silent Bob
- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
- William RIker and Deanna Troi
- Han Solo and Leia Organa
- Marty McFly and Emmett Brown
- Penn and Teller
- Will and Grace
- Bert and Ernie
- Calvin and Hobbes
- Spongebob Squarepants and Patrick
- Wayne and Garth
- Woody and Buzz
- Danny and Sandy
- Kevin and Winnie
Hungry, Hungry JellyBeans
This one is perfect if your friends are competitive!
Empty a bag of jelly beans onto a paper plate give each guest a small bowl of their own .
Using only chopsticks, each guest must try to get as many jelly beans into their bowl. The winner is the guest with the most jelly beans.
Looking for an extra layer of fun? Set a time limit and break the game into several rounds.